Lewisham Council – School Admissions InformationADMISSIONS POLICY 2017-18
Starting school in Reception
At Kilmorie we follow the admission’s criteria set out by Lewisham Council. Follow the links below to find out more information or to apply online.Admissions Criteria
A school tour can be booked by contacting the school office on 020 8291 1250. From mid September tours are scheduled every Monday at 11am until the early part of January, which you have to book through the school office.APPLY ONLINE
If you wish your child to join Kilmorie Primary School then a common application form (CAF) must be completed. Application forms are available from the Admissions Team, Laurence House, Catford or you can download a copy from the Lewisham Council website, or from the link below.In-Year Admissions Criteria Common Application Form
At Kilmorie we have a thriving Nursery with 78 children attending across two sessions, including 8 two year olds. At our Nursery we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. Please click on the link below for more information on the EYFS curriculum.
If you would like to visit our Nursery, please contact the school office to make an appointment for a tour.
If you would like to apply for a nursery place, please download the application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are the Nursery sessions?
- Nursery sessions run Monday to Friday from 8.45 – 11.45 for the morning session and 12.30 – 3.30 for the afternoon session. Children will be given either a morning place or an afternoon place. Sessions cannot be swopped or interchanged. Unfortunately we are unable to offer full day places.
When can my child start Nursery at Kilmorie?
- We have two intakes at Kilmorie: September and January.
- We do not admit children until the September or January after their third birthday, depending on their date of birth. For example, if your child’s birthday is in September, they will be offered a place for the following January. If they are born in April, they will be offered a place for the following September. On rare occasions and in special circumstances, we sometimes take children in after Easter if we have a vacancy.
- We do have a limited number of places for two-year olds who are eligible. To find out if your child is eligible for a two year old place please visit the Lewisham Council website on the link below:
Is there a deadline for submitting applications? When will I hear if my child has a place?
- There is no deadline and you can apply at any time. However, initial offers are made in January for the following academic year. Once replies are received, the next round of offers is made for any unallocated places. This cycle continues until all places are filled. However, changes happen all the time and places become available often so if you have not been offered a place at this time, it does not mean that you will not get a place in the future.
- Those parents whose children have not been offered a place at this time will be written to asking if they wish to remain on the waiting list.
When can I apply for a nursery place?
- You can apply at any time.
What criteria do you use to offer places? Is it first come first served?
- It is not first come, first served. We will use the following criteria when determining admissions:
- Children in public care
- Children with a social or medical need
- Children with an older sibling attending Kilmorie Primary School
- Distance from home to school
If my child is in the Kilmorie Nursery does that mean they will go to Kilmorie for Reception?
- A place at our Nursery does not guarantee a place within our reception class. Admissions into Reception will be managed by Lewisham Council and the criteria published in the ‘Starting School’ booklet will be used.