Lewisham Council – School Admissions InformationDetermined Admissions Arrangements and Policy 2020-2021
Starting school in Reception
At Kilmorie we follow the admission’s criteria set out by Lewisham Council. Parents should contact the local authority to find out about our admission arrangements below to find out more information or to apply online.ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
We will be releasing dates for virtual tours of the school starting mid October. Please check back here again at that time to book place.
If you need any support with completing an application please do not hesitate to contact us via the school office or by email, or the Admissions Team, depending on the nature of your query. The telephone number for admissions is 0208 314 8282 (Lines are open 9am-1pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only).
Please read the following document before you apply for a school place.
In Year admissions
If you wish your child to join Kilmorie Primary School then an In Year application form must be completed. Application has to be completed online via the parent portal using the link below:In-Year Admissions Criteria IN YEAR APPLICATION PARENT PORTAL
When applying please ensure that you complete the section 9 before making your application and this should be uploaded with your application. The section 9 can be found at the above link and must be printed off, or you can download it:
Admissions Arrangements for SEND Pupils
Most children and young people with special educational needs can get the support they need in mainstream schools. However, some children need extra support through an education, health and care plan (EHCP).
There is a separate application process for children with an EHCP. For more information visit http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/special-educational-needs/admissions . Alternatively contact the Children with Complex Needs Service on 020 9049 1475 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to read Inclusion and SEND policy.
At Kilmorie we have a thriving Nursery with a maximum of 78 places across two sessions, including 8 two year olds. All our nursery admissions, applications and offer of places are managed inhouse by the Early Years Phase. At our Nursery we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum.
Please contact the school office if you have any questions regarding Nursery place applications if it is not covered under the frequently asked questions – see below.
Please note initial offers are made in January for the following academic year so if you want your application to be considered in the first round of offers, please submit it by 31st December.
Visit our nursery
Apologies, we are not running any Nursery Tours at the moment because of COVID19 restrictions.A day at the Nursery (pdf) Nursery Leaflet (pdf)
Nursery – Apply for a place
Please make sure you read the Frequently Asked Questions below before you apply. You can apply online for a nursery place at Kilmorie Primary school.
Application Form for Nursery.
Do you offer any full time places?
- Currently in England all children aged 3 and 4 years old are entitled to 15 hours of free childcare in an early years setting. From September 2017, households with 2 working parents/carers and working lone parents/carers may be eligible to receive an additional 15 hours childcare.
- Kilmorie will be offering some full-time places to eligible children. To check eligibility please click on this link: https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
When are the Nursery sessions?
- Nursery sessions run Monday to Friday from 8.45 – 11.45 for the morning session and 12.30 – 3.30 for the afternoon session. Children will be given either a morning place or an afternoon place. Sessions cannot be swopped or interchanged.
- Full-time sessions run from 8.45 – 3.30. There will be a small supplement incurred to cover the cost of staff time during the lunch period.
- Children are expected to attend Monday to Friday. No exceptions can be made.
When can my child start Nursery at Kilmorie?
- Children are eligible if they can attend a minimum of three terms. There are very rare occasions when exceptions are made.
- We have two intakes at Kilmorie: September and January.
- We do not admit children until the September or January after their third birthday, depending on their date of birth. For example, if your child’s birthday is in September, they will be offered a place for the following January. If they are born in April, they will be offered a place for the following September. On rare occasions and in special circumstances, we sometimes take children in after Easter if we have a vacancy.
- We do have a limited number of places for two-year olds who are eligible. To find out if your child is eligible for a two year old place please visit the Lewisham Council website on the link below:
Is there a deadline for submitting applications? When will I hear if my child has a place?
- You can apply at any time. However, initial offers are made in January for the following academic year so if you want your application to be considered in the first round of offers, please submit it by 31st December. Once replies from the first round of offers are received, the next round of offers is made for any unallocated places. This cycle continues until all places are filled. However, changes happen all the time and places become available often so if you have not been offered a place at this time, it does not mean that you will not get a place in the future.
- Those parents whose children have not been offered a place at this time will be written to asking if they wish to remain on the waiting list.
Where can I apply for a nursery place?
- You can apply when the application form is available here. Alternatively please contact the school office for further details.
- Please make sure you read the Frequently Asked Questions before you apply.
What criteria do you use to offer places? Is it first come first served?
- It is not first come, first served. We will use the following criteria when determining admissions:
- Children in public care
- Children with a social or medical need
- Children with an older sibling attending Kilmorie Primary School
- Distance from home to school
If my child is in the Kilmorie Nursery does that mean they will go to Kilmorie for Reception?
- A place at our Nursery does not guarantee a place within our reception class. Admissions into Reception will be managed by Lewisham Council and the criteria published by the local authority.