Lewisham Council – School Admissions InformationADMISSIONS POLICY 2018-19
Starting school in Reception
At Kilmorie we follow the admission’s criteria set out by Lewisham Council. Follow the links below to find out more information or to apply online.Admissions Criteria
A school tour can be booked by contacting the school office on 020 8291 1250. From mid September tours are scheduled every Monday at 11am until the early part of January, which you have to book through the school office.
If you need any support with completing an application please do not hesitate to contact us via the school office or by email, or the Admissions Team, depending on the nature of your query. The telephone number for admissions is 0208 314 8282 (Lines are open 9am-12noon Monday to Friday).APPLY ONLINE
If you wish your child to join Kilmorie Primary School then an in year common application form (iCAF) must be completed. Application forms are available from the Admissions Team, Laurence House, Catford or you can download a copy from the Lewisham Council website, or from the link below.In-Year Admissions Criteria In-Year Common Application Form
At Kilmorie we have a thriving Nursery with 78 children attending across two sessions, including 8 two year olds. At our Nursery we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum. You can download further information about the EYFS curriculum below:
Visit our nursery
If you would like to visit our Nursery, please contact the school office to make an appointment for a tour.
Nursery – Apply for a place
Please contact the school office for further details about applying for a Nursery place.
Nursery – Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer any full time places?
- Currently in England all children aged 3 and 4 years old are entitled to 15 hours of free childcare in an early years setting. From September 2017, households with 2 working parents/carers and working lone parents/carers may be eligible to receive an additional 15 hours childcare.
- Kilmorie will be offering some full-time places to eligible children. To check eligibility please click on this link: https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
When are the Nursery sessions?
- Nursery sessions run Monday to Friday from 8.45 – 11.45 for the morning session and 12.30 – 3.30 for the afternoon session. Children will be given either a morning place or an afternoon place. Sessions cannot be swopped or interchanged.
- Full-time sessions run from 8.45 – 3.30. There will be a small supplement incurred to cover the cost of staff time during the lunch period.
When can my child start Nursery at Kilmorie?
- We have two intakes at Kilmorie: September and January.
- We do not admit children until the September or January after their third birthday, depending on their date of birth. For example, if your child’s birthday is in September, they will be offered a place for the following January. If they are born in April, they will be offered a place for the following September. On rare occasions and in special circumstances, we sometimes take children in after Easter if we have a vacancy.
- We do have a limited number of places for two-year olds who are eligible. To find out if your child is eligible for a two year old place please visit the Lewisham Council website on the link below:
Is there a deadline for submitting applications? When will I hear if my child has a place?
- There is no deadline and you can apply at any time. However, initial offers are made in January for the following academic year. Once replies are received, the next round of offers is made for any unallocated places. This cycle continues until all places are filled. However, changes happen all the time and places become available often so if you have not been offered a place at this time, it does not mean that you will not get a place in the future.
- Those parents whose children have not been offered a place at this time will be written to asking if they wish to remain on the waiting list.
When can I apply for a nursery place?
- You can apply when the application form is available here. Alternatively please contact the school office for further details.
What criteria do you use to offer places? Is it first come first served?
- It is not first come, first served. We will use the following criteria when determining admissions:
- Children in public care
- Children with a social or medical need
- Children with an older sibling attending Kilmorie Primary School
- Distance from home to school
If my child is in the Kilmorie Nursery does that mean they will go to Kilmorie for Reception?
- A place at our Nursery does not guarantee a place within our reception class. Admissions into Reception will be managed by Lewisham Council and the criteria published by the local authority.