We are expecting all Lewisham schools to publicly sign up to a pledge to Embed Race Equality and address Black Caribbean heritage and Black and Minority Ethnic under achievement.
This will entail a commitment to:
- Targeting ambitious outcomes for Black Caribbean heritage and Black and Minority Ethnic pupils.
- Reducing exclusions of Black Caribbean heritage pupils at all ages.
- Leaders and governors taking a whole school approach to embedding race equality.
- Transparent reporting and sharing of borough wide data trends.
- Working together in new ways and sharing good practice toembed race equality in our school cultures and curriculum.
- Actively developing high quality relationships with Black Caribbean heritage and Black and Minority Ethnic pupils and their parents.
- Improving Black representation in school leadership and governing bodies
- Lewisham schools holding each other to account. Lewisham Learning and Lewisham Council will internally support and challenge, including reporting annually to the Council, on the progress that is being made across Lewisham.