At Kilmorie we recognise that parents are children’s first and most enduring educators and we value being partners with them in their child’s education through:
- Talking to parents about their child before their child starts in our school either through a home visit, or through a meeting at school
- Offering both parents and children the opportunity to spend time in the Foundation Stage before starting school
- In the EYFS regularly sharing the children’s ‘Learning Journey’ profile books and valuing the on-going contributions to these from parents
- Operating an open door policy for parents with any queries
- Offering 3 parent/teacher consultation evenings per year which give an opportunity to discuss their work and ways of supporting their learning
- Inviting parents to information and curriculum meetings
- Sending a report on their child’s attainment and progress at the end of the school year.