What is a Parent Teacher Association (PTA)?
Most schools have a Parent Teacher Association (PTA), which is an organisation of parents and staff. Its role is to encourage closer links between home and school. PTAs are best known for their fundraising work, but they have a useful social function too. Fundraising events provide an opportunity for parents, staff and pupils to get together.
The Friends of Kilmorie is the name of our PTA. They run events throughout the year to raise extra money for the school to spend on things like the gardens, extra IT equipment and resources, sports equipment and play equipment.
Upcoming Events and Dates
Friends of Kilmorie Committee 2015-2016
Chair: Leela Garton
Deputy Co-Chairs: Lily Gogan, Pete Bulley and Emily Hillier
Treasurer: Rob King
Deputy Treasurer: Eleanor Brown
Secretary: Trish Hartnett
All parents and carers are members of Friends of Kilmorie, so please keep in touch with us. Join our e-mailing list and we can keep you up to date with events. Just send an e-mail here to be added to the list, we do not share your details and hide e-mail addresses on group e-mails.
Facebook Policy Friends of Kilmorie
Our Facebook Page is open to all parents and staff of Kilmorie Primary School. It is to be used for discussing fundraising, social events and Friends of Kilmorie meetings. Please use the page in a positive manner. This is a moderated Page, and Friends of Kilmorie reserves the right to remove any posting.
We have created a simple list of do’s and don’ts to help you use this resource correctly.
Please do the following:
- Use good judgment – Regardless of your privacy settings, assume that all of the information you have shared on Facebook is public information.
- Be respectful – You cannot see a smile or understand nuances of speech on social media. Please keep the tone of discussion positive and respectful.
- Be responsible and ethical – Unless you are specifically authorised to speak on behalf of the school as a spokesperson, you should state that the views expressed in your postings, etc. are your own.
- Remember that the page is for discussing events and fundraising – other issues or concerns should be raised directly with school.
- Correct any mistakes – Be sure to correct any mistake you make immediately, and make it clear what you’ve done to fix it.
- Check your own Facebook privacy settings – We have a duty of care to protect the children within our school community. We would appreciate it if anyone using this page ensures their own privacy settings are regularly checked and set to ‘Friends only’. If you aren’t sure how to do this read this.
Don’t share the following:
- Confidential information – If it seems confidential, it probably is. Online “conversations” are never private.
- Private and personal information – To ensure your safety, be careful about the type and amount of personal information you provide. Avoid talking about personal schedules or situations. NEVER give out or transmit personal information of students, parents, or colleagues. Always respect the privacy of the school community members.
- Images – It is not acceptable to post pictures of students without the expressed consent of their parents. Do not tag photos with names of any children.
- Other sites – Link to other sites may provide useful and interesting content. However please don’t blindly repost links without looking at the content first you never know what could be there!
Posts will be removed if they are:
- personal attacks (posts deemed libellous, profane, defamatory, disparaging, hateful, harassing, threatening, or obscene)
- break the law
- fraudulent, deceptive or misleading
- identifying named persons at the school
Finally, please remember that friends of friends’ pages can often be viewed, your privacy settings may be set to the highest level, but can you guarantee the same of all your ‘friends’. If you ‘like’ a comment or post your own, users can see your name and those of all your friends. Consider this before you click!
This Facebook Policy Template is a PTA-UK member benefit
It can be used and amended by any association in membership of PTA-UK
This policy is the copyright of PTA-UK and cannot be reproduced in part or in its entirety by any third party organisation excluding for its use by PTA-UK member associations as a benefit of membership
Friends of Kilmorie Correspondence
Easy Fund Raising
Donate money to us whilst you shop on-line. Just register via the link at the bottom of this page. It costs you nothing but every time you use it to shop on-line we receive a donation.
If you are currently not receiving e-mails from Friends of Kilmorie but would like to be kept informed of events please e-mail us to be added to our mailing list.