Online Learning Links for all year groups.
NON SCREEN TIME activities:
- ThinkuKnow– a great website to work through age appropriate online safety activities with your children.
- BBC Own It!– Useful advice and games for upper KS2 children.
FREE TO ACCESS Online Resources across all subjects:
- LGFL Lots of resources can be accessed and in the event of closures most of these resources will be accessible without a login. Search by subject or key stage. As some resources are designed to be teacher led, a new filter has been added in the subject drop down menu, allowing you to select an option for Home Learning. You can also use key stage dropdown to highlight resources that are age appropriate for home learning. Children have been provided with logins.
- Busy Things– Fun educational resources especially good for Early Years and KS1. Parents can register for a 7 day free trial or login with the children’s LGFL logins or QR codes and passwords.
- Twinkl– Free instant access to all for one month of interactive activities, school closure resource packs, PowerPoints and worksheets across the whole curriculum. Go to twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS.
- Classroom Secretshave created free learning packs for all year groups including EYFS.
- TTShave put together free EYFS, KS1 and KS2 Learning packs.
- BBC supermovers– great ideas for learning whilst keeping your children active.
- Topmarks– interactive games and resources across the curriculum.
- ICT Games– interactive Maths and English games.
- Newsround– keep up-to-date with the latest news.
- IDL maths practice
- TTBlast on LGFL – choose your times tables to practise. (Login using LGFL or use without login)
- Times Table Rockstars– see inside your exercise book for your logins.
- NRICH– Click on the primary hub to access maths problem solving activities for children.
- Topmarks Daily Ten and other maths games.
- ICT Games– free to access maths games.
- http://www.iseemaths.com/home-lessons/ Daily online Maths lessons from Gareth Metcalfe.
- Bug Club https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0 Free online reading. See inside your exercise book for your new login.
- Phonics Play phonicsplay.co.uk. This phonics resource is used by teachers in class in Early Years and KS1. There is currently a free login offer: username: march20, pw:home.
- Pobble http://www.pobble365.com/ Lots of ideas for writing.
- https://www.oliverjeffers.com/books#/abookaday/ Oliver Jeffers will be reading one of his books each day live online.
ICT Games – free to access reading, handwriting, phonics and writing activities.
- Reading Zone Live – authors, writing and poetry
- Spell Blast on LGFL – practise your spellings (Login using LGFL or use without login)
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ More free online books and learning activities
- Dance-mat Typing skills–this is a great opportunity for children to improve their typing skills.
- Code Clubself-led coding projects using Scratch or HTML/CSS projects.
- Scratch– children can watch the tutorials and practise their skills. They can set up their own accounts with parental permission. For KS1 we recommend Scratch Junior which is a free app on iPads and tablets (but not PC’s yet). You can view these free tutorials and activities to get you started.
- orgYou can use hour of code or sign up for a free coding course. These courses are self-led and age appropriate and are brilliant for developing vital debugging skills.
- National Geographic Kids– games, competitions and interesting fact files.
- https://world-geography-games.com/world.html Geography games.
- BBC Bitesize History – Learn more about your favourite period of British or World history.
- Primary Homework Help
- The SchoolRun
- Super Brainy Beans
ART AND CREATIVITY:
- https://theimaginationtree.com/stay-at-home-survival-guide/ Anna Ranson who runs this site is one of our parents. She has written a guide for how to tackle having the kids home and is rapidly working on another guide which is about how to design project based learning for open-ended and ongoing work they can do.
- https://www.wildlifewatch.org.uk/hedgerow-wildlife great site for children regarding the environment. Lots of activities and resources.
- https://ypte.org.uk/factsheets/hedges/why-are-hedges-important Young People’s Trust for the Environment
- https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html Daily online exercise classes.
PHILOSOPHY FOR CHILDREN: