At Kilmorie we believe it is vital to create a learning environment where children will flourish both academically and in their personal, social and emotional development. In order for this to happen children need to have:
- Social and emotional security
- Opportunities to be creative
- Inspiration and excitement
Taking risks and moving forward in learning is heavily dependent upon an atmosphere of genuine acceptance and security. How are we developing this at Kilmorie?
- Careful induction from the Early Years Foundation Stage( EYFS) onwards where the involvement with parents/carers is key
- Valuing the learning process as much as the outcomes
- Respecting and understanding the needs of the individual
- Creating a physical environment that is a home from home. It should be warm, inviting, inspiring and a celebration of achievement.
You cannot predict the outcome of human development. All you can do, like a farmer, is create the conditions under which it will begin to flourish.
Sir Ken Robinson