Enrichment classes finish Friday 1st December*.
*Unless you have received an email from school advising of a make-up class for any missed classes.
Autumn 2023 Enrichment Clubs
We are pleased to inform you that for the summer term we are offering over 40 enrichment clubs with a huge variety across: music, sports, performing arts, languages, STEM and creative. Each class provides an opportunity to further support your child's learning and development with team work, creativity and confidence being among the key skills our clubs seek to develop.
We work hard to develop such a varied list of clubs giving children the opportunity to participate in new experiences. Some clubs will be run by external companies, others by our own talented staff with classes taking place before, during and after school, and are open to children from Reception through to Year 6.
As we have always done, clubs are booked per term with each enrichment programme running for approx. 10 weeks, stopping during the school holidays and finishing at the end of term. Each club has a maximum limit of children who can attend. This is for the health and safety of both children and staff who run the clubs.
Information about Robotics class - please scroll down to Robotics.
Clubs that are bookable direct with the teacher:
- Karate class for Y 1-6: Please book direct – see leaflet for details.
- Drama club Rec - Y6: Please book direct with Janelle at Dream & Dazzle. See leaflet for details.
- LAMDA Y1 - 6: Please book direct, follow this link for more information.
- Illustration class Rec - Y6: Please book direct with Lisa, follow this link for more information.
Autumn 2023 – Club Information and Terms
Clubs are booked and paid for on ParentPay (Tax free childcare scheme and childcare vouchers are not accepted), except where stated that you must book directly with the provider. Please speak to someone in the office if you do not have access to ParentPay.
- Applications will not be accepted from parents/carers with outstanding debts.
- Clubs require a term’s commitment - refunds will not be given.
- Clubs are bookable on a first come, first serve basis. Maximum of 2 clubs per child initially.
- Clubs run for approx. ten weeks per term. Clubs start second Monday of term.
- We release clubs in day order from 6:30pm on specified date (PP children 24 hours prior) communicated to all parents via a letter and reminder text sent.
- We will not be sending individual notifications for each club; it is your responsibility to check ParentPay to see what is available.
- Refunds will not be permitted, so please discuss the clubs with your child prior to booking.
- For ParentPay login information, please contact the school office in advance. For help using ParentPay follow this link.
- You MUST re-apply for enrichment clubs each term. Clubs are not rolled-over from previous terms.
- Children must be signed out when collected from clubs – written permission is required if you would like your Y5 or Y6 child to walk home independently.
- Please inform the office if your child is not attending a session for any reason when they are in school or at the time of reporting their absence.
- Children attending activities are expected to behave appropriately and follow our school rules:
- Show respect, care and consideration to all
- Challenge unacceptable, unkind behaviour
- Care for our school environment
- Demonstrate good learning behaviour
- Cancelled classes
- If the clubs are cancelled for any reason, we will contact you either by phone or text as soon as possible.
- If a club is cancelled, we endeavour to make this up with an additional week elsewhere, if we are unable to do this, we will issue a refund.
- There are no refunds for inclement weather or circumstances beyond our control.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
If your child attends a sports club appropriate clothing and shoes must be worn, rubber soled trainers NOT plimsoles and any additional health and safety equipment must be provided to enable your child to participate: e.g. shin pads, gum shields – please check with the club tutor if you are unsure.
Kilmorie is committed to safeguarding and all personnel engaged for the provision of enrichment clubs have undergone an enhanced DBS check and safeguarding training.
Please do not hesitate to contact:
- Louisa Hopper – Wrap Around Care Manager
- Michaela Toppar – Administration Assistant
Enrichment Club Costs
Clubs are run either by members of school staff or external tutors and fees vary depending on the resources and staffing required. All fees need to be paid via your ParentPay account at time of booking.
All clubs are £12.50 per term for children in receipt of pupil premium funding (EITHER IN RECEIPT OF FREE SCHOOL MEALS OR HAVE BEEN IN THE LAST 6 YEARS). Please ask at the office if you are unsure if your child is eligible.
Please book and pay for your child’s class(es) via ParentPay to secure your booking.
Refunds will not be given once places are confirmed.
Instrumental lessons take part during the school day and are 30 minutes long. You can choose a group, paired or solo lesson for most instruments. The exceptions to this are Piano, which are individual lessons only and Drum kit which can be paired or individual.
You can hire an instrument from the school for a termly fee. This does not include piano, drumkit or drum fun.
Lessons automatically continue over on to the next term unless notice to stop is given before the end of the current term. This is also the case for the end of the academic year, lessons will continue over in to the next academic year unless notice to stop is given before the end of the previous term.