Welcome to the nursery area. Nursery is important for laying down the foundations of a successful future in education. We plan experiences that foster a love of learning and develop the children’s ability to collaborate and show both enthusiasm for and resilience towards challenge. Above all, we hope the children have fun and love being in school.
We value all the skills that are needed to achieve in school; the most important being the ability to both listen attentively, understand and speak clearly. Many studies show the importance of a wide vocabulary and the impact this has on a child’s future success. In the nursery we actively seek out opportunities to support and extend children in developing these essential skills through play-based, active learning.
Throughout the year we plan parent events for you to attend and see what your child has been learning.
The Nursery Team
Sophie - Nursery Teacher
Fiona - Nursery Teacher
Katrina - Nursery Nurse
Tracey - Nursery Nurse
Tanya & Mel (lunchtimes)
Benefits of Playing with playdough
There are a multitude of benefits to children using Playdough. Not only is it immensely fun, but it also promotes development in all the following areas:
- Fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Upper body strength through rolling and kneading
- Creative imagination and small world play
- Social interaction with peers
- Sharing, taking turns and negotiation
- Spatial awareness
- Maths – shape and weight
Key Skills for Communication and Language & Maths
Plans per term
- Tuesdays: Family stay and play (08:45 – 09:30 and 12:30 – 13:15)
- Wednesdays: Cooking Sessions
- Fridays: Music
The Nursery Day
The Nursery Session
In the morning the Nursery door will be open from 8.45 until 8:55. Parents are allowed on site and can come into the Nursery outdoor area. Parents will be allowed to enter the nursery building whilst settling their child. Once your child is settled into Nursery please drop and leave your child with the staff and leave the nursery soon as possible to allow other parents time.
Each day we will be opening the door to end the morning session at 11.35am, children need to be collected by 11:45am at the latest. Your child will be called from the nursery door.
The afternoon session begins at 12.30 and you can also bring your child to the nursery door.
At the end of the afternoon session the gate will be open at 3.15pm please collect your child from the Nursery door on the right if they are full time, or the door on the left if they are afternoon children. Please be patient with us as we hand over your child, if you have questions or concerns please do speak with us at the end of your session.
Thank you all for being very prompt at drop off and collection times.
When you arrive for your session, please would you help your child find their name and if needed help them find their coat peg.
Your child is welcome to borrow a book from the Nursery anytime they wish. Parents and carers can help them choose a book from our outdoor library.
- Please make sure that your child wears sensible, easy to get on and off shoes and clothes to Nursery. Remember they are likely to get dirty so please don’t send them in special clothes.
- Please send your child in with appropriate outer wear as we go outside in all weathers.
- If your child is going home with someone else, please let a member of staff know. If you forget, please make sure that you phone the school to let us know.
- If your child has sickness or diarrhoea please keep them at home for 48 hours afterwards.
Nursery Introduction Video